USA DANCE is not a social dance club but rather a broad based volunteer run national non-profit organization serving as a catalyst to establish a great variety of dance related programs and encourage more people to become involved and enjoy the many benefits of dancing -- fun, fitness and social interaction. Our mission is to improve both the quantity and quality of ballroom dancing in the USA. We support and encourage both social dance and competitive aspirations.
A chapter is a group of USA Dance members in a particular geographic location who support our mission and seek to increase interest and opportunities for ballroom dance in their community. Members share their time and talents with their chapter to host social dances, beginner lessons, public demonstrations, workshops, youth programs, competitions and more.
Our chapter volunteers are an important part of fulfilling this mission by planning and co-sponsoring monthly chapter dances, posting a calendar of Rhode Island social dances at riusadance.org, presenting public performances and co-sponsoring the Special Express Dance Team for adults with intellectual disabilities.
About RIUSADANCE #3010
The Rhode Island Chapter of USA Dance, Inc. promotes ballroom dancing in Rhode Island and educates the public regarding the physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom dancing. We welcome beginner dancers and help them get started. We promote and sponsor amateur ballroom dancing for competitors, social dancers, and the general public. We strive to bring the joy and the benefits of ballroom dancing to as many people as possible in Rhode Island and beyond.
- We offer ballroom dances monthly at an affordable price. Dances are open to the public and include light refreshments and a complimentary dance lesson taught by a professional dance instructor.
- Held on the first Friday of each month.
- Gives exhibition performances at malls, health fairs, community events and festivals
- Sponsor The Rhode Island Special Express Ballroom Dance Team, a performance team comprised of Special Olympic DanceSport Athletes and Unified Sports Partner volunteers.
- Founded in 1990
- Hosted the year 2000 National Championship competition at RI Conference Center
- Named "National Chapter of the Year in 2011" by USA Dance, Inc.
Current Chapter Officers
The current officers of the RI Chapter of USA Dance.
We need volunteers for committees
|Vice President||Nettie Riley||Nettieriley@yahoo.com|
|Social Dance Chair||Katie Karolczukfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Communications Chair||Vacant||You could be this person|
|You can also find the RI Chapter on Facebook as well as the National USA Dance on Facebook.|
RIUSADANCE is the Rhode Island Chapter of USA DANCE Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization, the National Governing Body for DanceSport in the United States and with 160 local chapters, represents both social and competitive dancers throughout the USA. USA Dance is the United States multi-sports member organization of the U.S. Olympic Committee and the World DanceSport Federation. Website: www.usadance.org