About RIUSADANCE #3010
The Rhode Island Chapter of USA Dance, Inc. promotes ballroom dancing in Rhode Island and educates the public regarding the physical, mental and social benefits of ballroom dancing. We welcome beginner dancers and help them get started. We promote and sponsor amateur ballroom dancing for competitors, social dancers, and the general public. We strive to bring the joy and the benefits of ballroom dancing to as many people as possible in Rhode Island and beyond.
- We offer ballroom dances monthly at an affordable price. Dances are open to the public and include light refreshments and a complimentary dance lesson taught by a professional dance instructor.
- Held on the first Friday of each month.
- Gives exhibition performances at malls, health fairs, community events and festivals
- Sponsors The Rode Island Special Express Ballroom Dance Team, a performance team comprised of Special Olympic DanceSport Athletes and Unified Sports Partner volunteers.
- Founded in 1990
- Hosted the year 2000 National Championship competition at RI Conference Center
- Named "National Chapter of the Year in 2011" by USA Dance, Inc.
Current Chapter Officers
The current officers of the RI Chapter of USA Dance.
We need volunteers for committees
|Vice President||Nettie Riley||Nettieriley@yahoo.com|
|Dance Chair||Nancy Walzfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Communications Chair||Vacant||You could be this person|
|Hospitality Chair||Maya Desrosiers||RIUSADance@gmail.com|
|Special Express Team Coordinator||Linda Succi||Lswinggirl123@aol.com|
|You can also find the RI Chapter on Facebook as well as the National USA Dance on Facebook.|
RIUSADANCE is the Rhode Island Chapter of USA DANCE Inc., a 501c3 nonprofit organization, the National Governing Body for DanceSport in the United States and with 160 local chapters, represents both social and competitive dancers throughout the USA. USA Dance is the United States multi-sports member organization of the U.S. Olympic Committee and the World DanceSport Federation. Website: www.usadance.org